Sunday, August 3, 2008

Want want want covet covet covet

I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it! It's red and lacy and FAST and pretty and I want it, I WANT it.

Those of you who are knitters and have been reading the internets lately might know of what I speak. (As an aside, those of you who are not knitters but merely friends of mine hoping I will post another picture of my rack will be sorely disappointed. Just saying.)

I want it. I was first inspired by this one--I think that if (no, WHEN) I make my own I will probably make the same mod--to eliminate the purl ridges after the yoke. Then I did a little googling and found this one and that was it--I was done for. I had to have this sweater, and I had to have it in red, and I had to have it NOW. And as it turns out, I'm not alone. (Ravelry is my NEW FAVORITE TOY).

The process of knitting and eventually wearing this sweater and having it all for my very own, yessss precious, is slightly complicated--complicated by my finances (i.e. I have no money for groceries, let alone yarn)(although given a choice between the two I am not entirely sure what my choice might be)(pathetic, I know)(moving on now). Complicated, also, by the fact that in eleven short hours I will be getting on a plane and flying across the country.

But I have a Plan. It involves ripping some WIPs that are getting on my nerves anyway, it involves washing and re-dying that yarn and putting it to new use, it involves a lot of things that are going to make a big mess in the kitchen and remind my mother how extremely pleased she is that I am home (not really).

In the meantime, I'm going to go pack my Flamingo Scarf in my carry-on bag and hope for lenient airport security. I'm a little worried about those metal straight needles I'm using for it--I've never had a problem flying with my knitting before, but I also usually use wooden circs. We'll see. I'm putting in a lifeline just in case.

No comments: