Monday, January 14, 2008

back at it

...and by "it" I mean dreaming of knitting when I'm supposed to be doing homework/choosing classes/applying for jobs/other useful things. Right now I'm obsessed with Lyra's hat from the Golden Compass movie; the best pattern I've found online is this. It looks pretty simple, so I think I might modify it for a smaller gauge. But oh, can you imagine how lovely and warm it would be in big fat chunky alpaca, like Misti Alpaca? Mmmm.

Although, actually...what about this?


(the yarn in the middle)

It's Lamb's Pride Bulky, and held double it would probably be chunky enough for this hat. And if not, or if I don't like how it looks, I could always modify the pattern to fit my gauge. Acutally, let's face it, that's probably what I'm going to do anyway.

In the meantime...oh right, school. Excuse me.

No comments: