Thursday, April 24, 2008

I got nothing

But I might soon! The second sleeve from my Gathered Pullover is about 4 rows away from completion, so I'll have some progress to show then. In the meantime, in lieu of actual knitting, here are three knitting-related things:

1) Funny story #1: My freshman year (i.e. almost three years ago--I am old!) there was this guy in my dorm who was on the varsity baseball team who, get this, liked to sit in the courtyard and knit! I never saw him make anything fancier than a garter stitch scarf, but still. Anyway, the story is that once he was talking to a friend of mine who's quite an accomplished knitter, and she was showing him her lace shawl. He asked what it was made of.
Her: "Oh, I think it's mohair."
Him: "Mohair, huh? You know, I've always wondered...if this is mohair...what exactly is a 'mo'?"

2) Funny story #2: At dinner the other day, I was talking to two of my friends, one of whom I'll be living with this summer. My friend asked if I can cook.
Me: "Of course I can cook! ...well...I can follow recipes..."
My other friend, rather skeptically: "Uh-huh. Do you follow recipes the same way you follow knitting patterns?"

Yeah.

3) Yarn!



Cherry Tree Hill silk/merino, colorway "Gypsy Rose." Hands down the most expensive single skein I have ever purchased. I am a little bit afraid to use it, for fear of messing it up. It might be a Lace Ribbon Scarf eventually, but now it is just for petting.

No comments: