Saturday, May 10, 2008

FINISHED

Finished:
1) 19 pages about British brass band music in the first half of the 20th century

2) One keyboard fugue in the style of Bach

3) Two final exams

4) My junior year in college (terrifying, let me tell you)

5) My supercute headband!



Yarn: Mirasol "Hacho," handdyed merino. I loved it! Squishy, springy, the colors didn't even pool.
Needles: Susan Bates size 3 straights, inherited from my grandmother. Normally I'm not a fan of metal needles or straight needles, given a chance, but a) they had really nice pointy tips that were helpful, and b) you can't argue with free.
Pattern: Leftover sock yarn headband from Pepperknit. Mine is a little bigger because it's not sock yarn--it's probably a DK weight.

Overall, excellent! Fast, easy, got me through those last hours of studying. Colorful. Good stuff.



Today I celebrated the end of exams by doing a little lot of yarn shopping! I'll post pictures of the haul soon, but it was gooooood.

No comments: